Wednesday, January 09, 2019

2019 Budget

After reviewing my spending and expected income for 2019, I've made some adjustments to my 2018 budget going forward. I seem to have a little bit more wiggle room in my budget for this year.



2019 Budget
Category Budgeted Amount Per Month
Rent $12,220.00 $1,018.33
Groceries $5,700.00 $475.00
Internet $1,100.00 $91.67
Electricity $0.00 $0.00
Eating Out $1,968.00 $164.00
Charity $600.00 $50.00
Cell phone $350.00 $29.17
Medical $1,400.00 $116.67
Misc $9,600.00 $800.00
Savings $6,600.00 $550.00
Total $39,538.00 $3,294.83

I expect to make $35,901 NZD from my salaries next year. I expect to rake in $3,640 from renting out my parking space, for a total of $39,541.While the majority of my income is accounted for here, I do not expect that I will spend all of it every month. The monthly overages will be put toward my various short- and medium-term funds:
  • 2020 US trip ($3K)
  • DSLR camera ($1K)
  • PhD Slush Fund (always being funded/used towards therapy; massages; exercise; anything that helps me maintain my mental and physical well being. Approx $1500 limit at any one time) 

Here's to a great year!!

No comments: