Last November, I put forth a few more possible goals for 2011. For my official 2011 list, I pared these down and made them SMART where I could. Abbreviatedly, the additional ideas for possible goals I looked at for 2011 last November are:
Goal 1: Save $3K for 2012 US Trip. (As mentioned earlier, DONE)
Goal 2: Spend $4K Australia Fund on ...a trip to Australia!! (Done)
Goal 3: Keep my $5K Family Trip to NZ intact. (Done until spent on trip)
Goal 4: Keep saving $340 or more toward my Long Term Goals each month. (Increased to $415/mo)
Goal 5: Continue contributing 2% of my income to the Kiwisaver to get the employer match. (Done)
Goal 6: Look into Prosper.com and BonusBonds. (Bonus Bonds DONE)
Goal 7: Spend at least $50 per month on charity. (Check thus far)
Goal 8: Travel to England to see my friend?
Goal 9: mandatory medical, fitness and health-food spend?
Goal 10: mandatory mental health spend?
Goal 11: mandatory beauty-product and appearance spend/fund?
Or perhaps a 'get everything on my wish list' fund? (will be done April 2011)
Goal 2: Spend $4K Australia Fund on ...a trip to Australia!! (Done)
Goal 3: Keep my $5K Family Trip to NZ intact. (Done until spent on trip)
Goal 4: Keep saving $340 or more toward my Long Term Goals each month. (Increased to $415/mo)
Goal 5: Continue contributing 2% of my income to the Kiwisaver to get the employer match. (Done)
Goal 6: Look into Prosper.com and BonusBonds. (Bonus Bonds DONE)
Goal 7: Spend at least $50 per month on charity. (Check thus far)
Goal 8: Travel to England to see my friend?
Goal 9: mandatory medical, fitness and health-food spend?
Goal 10: mandatory mental health spend?
Goal 11: mandatory beauty-product and appearance spend/fund?
Or perhaps a 'get everything on my wish list' fund? (will be done April 2011)
Obviously Goals 8-11 didn't come into fruition in my revised, official version, as they are incredibly nebulous and vague. The England trip should become part of my long-term Europe fund goal, and the rest of it is just a sort of a lifestyle upgrade. I suppose I would have to increase my budget to incorporate those things into my life in order to make those happen.
Next, I'll review my whole financial picture and give my opinion of where I think the holes are. I'll look at more possible ideas, invite some commentary from everyone, and then I'll cobble together a reasonable plan for the rest of my savings in 2011. Can't wait!
Next, I'll review my whole financial picture and give my opinion of where I think the holes are. I'll look at more possible ideas, invite some commentary from everyone, and then I'll cobble together a reasonable plan for the rest of my savings in 2011. Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment