Monday, November 15, 2010

2011 Financial Goals

I originally wanted 11 Goals for 2011, but I honestly can't think of that many!!  I have everything I need and more, and I think I will have explored the South Pacific to a satisfactory level once my trip to Oz is over.  There is always more to see and do, but I will have hit my checklist, and any more travel is just icing on the cake!

Goal 1:  Save $3K for 2012 US Trip.  I like to have money to travel before I actually travel.  This is an annual fund--I know I'm going to spend my vacation time overseas with my family each year, so the airfare expense is a given.  Next year I will probably schedule additional side-trips to see friends in Boston, DC, the beach, San Francisco, and possibly a stop-over in Hawaii--all funded by normal monthly surplus--with my main stop being at my parents' house on the mid-Atlantic East Coast.  They are all repeat trips to places I've been before, but I will have a place to sleep at every one, and I value my experiences with friends above seeing new places (although that is a close second, and seeing a new place with a friend is BEST!).

Goal 2:  Spend $4K Australia Fund on ...a trip to Australia!!  My friend is supposed to come in February.  I can't wait to snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef!

Goal 3:  Keep my $5K Family Trip to NZ intact.  They are supposed to visit me at roughly this time next year!  (God-willing)  My mom has never left the US, other than short day trips to border-towns in Canada and Mexico (and a 2 day trip to the Bahamas once), I am so excited to share this with her, it is basically her once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to really experience life outside the US.

Goal 4:  Keep saving $340 or more toward my Long Term Goals each month.  These goals are $10K Europe Fund, $5K House Downpayment Fund, and a $5K Roth IRA Fund (for when I move back to the US).

Goal 5:  Continue contributing 2% of my income to the Kiwisaver to get the employer match.

Goal 6:  Look into Prosper.com and BonusBonds.

Goal 7:  Spend at least $50 per month on charity.

Goal 8:  TBD  England trip?

Goal 9:  TBD  mandatory medical, fitness and health-food spend (carpal tunnel, dentist, dermatologist, eye, thyroid specialist, chronic fatigue specialist, mitral valve prolapse syndrome, hypertension, gym, dance classes, farmer's markets, organic food, get blender, food preparation equipment on wish list)?

Goal 10:  TBD  mandatory mental health spend (yoga, pilates, meditation, therapy)?

Goal 11:  TBD  mandatory beauty-product and appearance (clothes, shoes, teeth whitening, skincare: organic products-- shampoo, conditioner, body wash, deodorant, exfoliator, face wash, makeup, body lotion, eye cream, night cream, spf face lotion, toothpaste, etc.), LASIK, microdermabrasion, permanent laser hair removal, jewelry, haircuts, tailoring) spend/fund?

Or perhaps a 'get everything on my wish list' fund?

No comments: