Friday, August 21, 2009

The Deal Is Sealed

Verbally, at least. I guess I shouldn't get too excited until a contract is signed, but...I can't help it!

A potential new roommate emailed me today and asked about my apartment/room for rent. I immediately texted her and asked her to come by, and she said that she could come at 9:30 pm.

Normally, I would tell people that is too late, but I WAS DESPERATE. I went to my class, and when I came back, she came by to check my apartment out.

She loved it! And luckily, she was way cooler and way more normal than the couple I almost had to rent to. We talked for an hour and a half and got to know each other a little bit, and she was willing to say almost immediately that she liked the place enough to take it right then and there. And even better, she could move in straightaway!

I told her if she was in, I was in. I didn't want to be eager or anything, but honestly, it was such a good vibe that I ended up telling her the story of the couple and how I was so happy that she had emailed me.

Rent will stay the same, but honestly, I don't care at this point. I want a happy, fun home and the extra $$ is worth it to me. :)

She even has lots of friends in the city already, which is awesome. If it works out, maybe I could get a few friends out of the deal too?

It's good stuff like this that makes me want to believe in God (even though I don't go to church and absolutely accept other names for that entity/energy/force--Allah, Buddha, The Universe...). All I can say is: WHEW.

4 comments:

Sam said...

Yay!!! I am hoping that this all works out for you. :)

Revanche said...

OMG! SO great!! Keep us updated on how this works out. Pessimist that I am, I'm thinking, maybe you should keep an eye out for other apts juuust in case for a few more weeks.

Anonymous said...

YAY! that's fantastic. Hope it all goes well, and if she's working different hours, you'll never be fighting for the bathroom :)

Sense said...

Thanks all!

yeah, i am still perusing the apartment ads--just in case--but I've eased up a bit.

It's weird, all of a sudden more people are responding to my ad, after WEEKS of nothing. What's that all about? when it rains it pours?