However, another option just opened up today--I may be taking a trip to Oz! A friend is going to Australia; her sister works for Qantas, and might be able to get us cheap flights from NZ. I'd be stoked if this actually happens! I don't know how long I could actually go; I'd have to look at my vacation time. Not only that, but I really want to go home for another month in the summer to see my family. I'll have to do some really fast talkin in order to swing that, AND this trip.
I was hoping to get somewhere warm, and with beaches. Brisbane is the most northern (warm?) city in australia that is also cheap, beachy, and quick to get to. Most people would go to Sydney--and I still want to do that. The trip destination will be controlled by my friend's schedule--she may be looking for work over there, and obviously, the major cities are where she should base herself. I won't say no to Sydney, but I'm pulling for Brisbane. I really want to pet a koala. Queensland (the 'state,' I guess you would call it, that Brisbane is in) is the only one that allows people to handle koalas--and even then, only for 30 minutes a day, and the koalas get every fourth day off.

oooh, i'm excited!
My savings this month is going straight to my travel fund...
I expect to spend less than $500 on my plane ticket, another $700 NZD on lodging and food? If I go for 9 days (Friday through Sunday), that's about $60 AUS per day...which should be do-able if we're staying in hostels. Why oh why does the conversion factor always work AGAINST me??
---------------------
spending:
chocolate! $4.50 groceries
April 2009 spending: $1,164.48
Left to spend/save: $1,881.69
2 comments:
You can PET a KOALA? Ohh heavens, I want to come.
I KNOW! come on down! they even let you snuggle with it and take your pic (for a small fee, of course). but where else would you ever get to do that??
from the stories i hear, though, they almost always pee or poop on you. bring a change of clothes!
Post a Comment