Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Vacation Time

I just found out that a friend of mine is going to Hawaii to visit next month. I need a vacation something horrible, and something to look forward to, so I may end up flying to HI to meet her! haven't bought the tix yet but they are about $950 right now (USD). Not sure if I'd end up staying in a hotel (prob not, with all the people I know there, but they are dwindling in numbers) or renting a car (probably yes).

That is a lot of money in NZD. However, I don't have friends here and vacationing alone just sounds...lonely. So I may jump at the chance to go if she gives me the heads up that she'd want some company.

I need something to look forward to...if this doesn't work out, I'm going to see if one of my other friends wants some company--he works for Apple and is always traveling to Shanghai/Tokyo/elsewhere. Tix to Shanghai and Tokyo would be about the same cost, and I could stay in his hotel room. I could be all 'Lost in Translation' while he is at work! (hopefully he'd have the weekend off, though) oooorrrr, maybe he could meet me in Tonga or Bali or somewhere in the middle? oooh, Tahiti...ahem, getting ahead of myself here.

Another back up plan is to go to London to visit one of my other really good friends there. He's in school, getting his post-JD, and apparently has loads of free time. I would looooove to see him. London is freakishly far away from NZ, though, so that would be my far-fetched plan.

I'm also planning my vacation home this summer. My best friend is moving closer to my parents, so I will get to see him! Also, I'm trying to get a 'girls weekend' together with a few of my very close friends from grad school. The three of them live about 5 hours away from each other, and I think a beach house vacation would be amazing! (or even just a river or lake house vacation...). I also want to stop in San Diego to visit some friends on the way home (or back). I have men all over the world just waiting for me to be single, so why waste any time? :)

Hmmm, it seems that I am going to need to extend my summer vacation (probably by getting unpaid leave) and plump up my vacation fund! F this noize, I'm getting outta here.

No comments: