Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Milestones, milestones, milestones

Earlier this month I noted how I have now gone past the $300K Net Worth mark. Next month, I hope to be able to report that my Kiwisaver (NZ retirement investments) have passed that $100K threshold. I'm soooo close! Like at $99,500. I just need a little bump in the next few days!

My PhD is coming along a little bit, too - my first first-author manuscript is in its final review with the co-authorship team. Hopefully their edits are minimal, esp given that it's been through review by my supervisors twice and the whole authorship team once previously. Submitting that monster will be a HUGE milestone, and will be such a relief to get off of my to-do list and out of my brain (at least until the peer reviews come in!).

My 2nd manuscript is still in advanced draft form, and I'm sloooowwwlllyyy writing up the discussion of my data and explaining my results and what they mean. I'm not sure what the 'story' for that paper will be yet, and I must get a move on with it, and start getting my co-authors to review it soon. One of them is pregnant and going to be on leave for a year, and I have to turn in my dissertation well before then! 

My third paper isn't even started. I'm still working on the code to interpret my data with my coding partner. That is hopefully close to being done. Then I just need to run the code on all of my datasets, match those results with another portion of my data, run that whole thing through several models, and interpret the results. Oh, and write it all up. 

I'm supposed to present my whole PhD findings in less than 2 months now, and then I have to collate it all in my dissertation before February, so I have A LOT of work to do!

There are also some things going on personally that I'll explain later (redacted for now for privacy reasons). Nothing necessarily bad or good, just time-consuming and not conducive to working a lot.

In the meantime, I just need that sweet $100K Kiwisaver win! They say it's the hardest amount to save up, and then things really get rolling afterward. Here's hoping!

No comments: