Sunday, June 02, 2024

May 2024 Budget Report

"May" I present...last month's budget report:

Summary: I spent $2,712.11 (45.9%) of my total monthly income ($5,906.17) in May. I saved $3,050 (52%) of my May 2024 income.

 

Details:

Rent: $1,125 (it was a 5 rent payment month. My current flat costs $585 per week and my two flatmates pay a total of $360 per week, meaning I pay $225 per week in rent)

Groceries: $412.31 (yay, under the $500 budget!)

Power + Internet: $105.14 (Winter is HERE; this is my portion of a bill split 3 ways)

Eating Out: $229.52 (oof - overbudget. This is from a combo of a bad movie theatre hot dog, snacks, drink, and popcorn, 3 x moustache cookies (yum!!), 1 pizza from Pizza hut, 3x Zambrero burritos, 2x McDonalds, Wok N Noodle Thai curry, and a few slices of expensive Sal's pizza)

Charity: $30

Cell phone: $34

Medical: $232.50 (overbudget - $202.50 for my dental cleaning and sealant for bottom front teeth, $30 for a prescription renewal)

Misc: $493.64 (overbudget, but it was a 3 paycheck month and I had some extra income coming in, so I didn't restrict myself)

In the Misc category, I spent: 

Self Care: $165 (for 3 massages, one of which was annoyingly cut short by a fire alarm after 10 minutes, but I was blocked from leaving until I paid and I still had to pay full price for a 30 min massage)

Fees: $75 (credit card fee)

Gifts: $33.66 (fun card and small gift for my friend)

Goods and Wants: $63.98 (new phone battery, cool side memory foam pillow)

Transportation: $156 (Mevo car for 4 evenings, once to try to see the aurora australis, Uber from friend's place for game night)

Savings: $50 (automatic transfer)

Total spent: $2,712.11


Total Income: $5,906.17 Woooooo!

Income sources:

Job: $2,729.58

PhD Stipend: $1.903.86

Lending Crowd: $954.19

Garage Rent: $260

April Overage: $58.54


I am proud that I was able to save over half of my income in May. This is fantastic! I wish I could do that every month.

No comments: