Changes are afoot at work...like usual. My boss came in the other day to tell us that we weren't allowed to work more than 40 hours a week without boss's approval. Only if there is a deadline the next day will we be allowed to work over 40 and use that extra in lieu time another day.
It's so confusing--we will be paid the exact same amount no matter what. Why not let us accrue in lieu time and get more work done when we choose to? My boss also said that there are zero deadlines--therefore no excuses to work more than 40 hours/week--but I NEED DEADLINES. How many times have I told my boss that? Deadlines allow more work to be done, and more efficiently.
When I protested, I got the usual blank from this boss who doesn't understand when people explain things that are upsetting them. So I have two options:
1) I was trying to follow the rules and register my vacation leave like we are supposed to, but now I could just go back to the way everyone else does vacation at my company, and not log it in at all, and take as much time off as I'm owed, when I want to, like usual. (I normally clear it with my bosses WAY before logging it into the system, but maybe I won't now?) My boss doesn't know when I'm in and when I'm not in, and neither does anyone else. No one keeps track of where anyone else is or what anyone does, so this actually might work.
2) Cut my normal 60 hour work weeks back to 40--I looooove my work but there's no way I'm doing it without getting the time off later. What a terrible system! I've been effectively encouraged to NOT work.
No comments:
Post a Comment