Do one thing that scares you every day. That is a famous saying, and it urges you to live life to the fullest and realize that your fears are mostly unfounded--only you are holding yourself back from greatness.
Well, after today is over, I reserve the right to stay in my comfort zone for the rest of the week!
I am going to be speaking on live television today.
My first time, my debut opportunity, came up yesterday afternoon at work. My boss and several other people weren't available to do the live TV interview this morning, so I shakily volunteered.
I've been so terrified ever since, I can barely eat. Speaking to people I don't know is extremely scary. Speaking to millions of TV viewers is a whole 'nother ball game.
Under normal circumstances, I don't usually speak in meetings with more than 5 people--the potential for humiliation is too great! I avoid this kind of thing at all costs, except when I have to, like for conferences for work.
I know this is good for me, and will help my career, which is why I made myself do it. And why I'm not making an excuse and bowing out today. I need to do this. I can do this.
Oh dear.
No comments:
Post a Comment