Soooo...I have a $150/week allowance. This week, I'm already down to $48. I had to pay $20 towards membership in a professional society that I belong to (don't get to go to the conference later this year if I'm not a member...and I'm required to go by my bosses). It was totally unexpected--they don't usually send these out now but they just merged with another society so everything's all wonky. Work won't pay for it, so that was my responsibility. I've spent $60 on groceries already this week, and will probably need more for a main course in a few days. The main course I banked on is not filling me up and I keep eating junk food to make up for it (NOOOOO!).
I also bought a postcard for my aunt who gets really hurt if she thinks I've been ignoring her (I have) and paid $4.40 in busfare the past few days to get to the grocery store and to the bar I watched the rugby game at on Saturday night. We ended up starving so we went to Denny's and I spent $12 there.
And that's how I have only $48 left for this week.
Luckily for me, we have rented out our garage, for sure! $40 pw in the bank extra (my share is $20). The first week's garage payment will go to buying a nice piece of art for our wall--roommate has her eye on something at the Warehouse that is $40. The rest will end up going towards my electricity bill, which is mounting daily.
I also need a few gifts for people I'm going to see during my trip. I think these tea towels are SO CUTE!
3 comments:
I find that odd that your employer won't pay for professional memberships that have events they require you to go. It just doesn't make sense to me and it's unfair, in my opinion. Did they say why they won't pay for it?
Yeah, I don't know. They handed the bill over to me to pay, so I assumed that they decided not to pay. Last year I had to pay my own way, so I just assumed it was the same this year.
It is saving my company $115 in conference fees for me to be a member of the society. My bosses have already told me that I'm going--in fact, one of my bosses is the head of the entire society and I'm actually helping her to organize the conference. :)
You know, you're right--maybe I'll ask them to pay it...I've already paid but maybe they'll reimburse me?
If they agree to pay, yes they will reimburse for sure. They required you to go. You could always choose not to go if the expense is yours. So it only makes sense that they shoulder the cost. I hope they reimburse you! Maybe it would be a good idea to bring it up as part of your annual review.
Post a Comment