View of the lighthouse at the tip of the Otago Peninsula (next to the albatross colony).

I surprised this guy and woke him up from his nap. This is Grumpy, growling at me and about to attack! Apparently you NEVER get between a sea lion and the sea, and you stay 10 meters away from them, and the males are very territorial this time of year. Oooooops.
View from The Chasm.
Sunset from Penguin Place on Otago.

I surprised this guy and woke him up from his nap. This is Grumpy, growling at me and about to attack! Apparently you NEVER get between a sea lion and the sea, and you stay 10 meters away from them, and the males are very territorial this time of year. Oooooops.
Larnach Castle.
Larnach Castle Green Room and Reflecting Pool.
Gerbera flower at Larnach Castle. It had some beautiful gardens!
View of the sea from Larnach Castle.
5 comments:
beeeeeutiful! some stunning pics there.
only because i'm feeling sick, and too lazy to google - what's the diff. between seals, sea lions, otters?
sea lions will attack you, seals and otters won't.
ha ha. I'm not too sure.
i just learned something: sea lions have ears, seals don't. otters are in the weasel family.
I was hoping that you'd have snapped some pics of the penguins. :)
Looks like a great time.
Otters are hams, I don't think seals and sea lions are as much.
the penguins are sensitive to the flash and we only saw them at dusk = no photography allowed! :(
Post a Comment