Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009 Income

What a doozy to begin to figure out!  However, my 2009 spending is actually much easier than most.  It was the first year since starting the blog that I a) didn't move continents/hemispheres,  b) stayed in the same apartment with the same rent, c)  was debt-free, d) didn't change my full-time status at work, or e) some combination of the above. 

In 2006, I moved apartments within my CA city and was still paying debt off.  In 2007, I was debt-free, but moved in with XBF, and I went part-time at work to take classes.  In 2008, I was still debt-free, still taking classes and then I moved from CA to NZ, was unemployed for a few months, and also moved apartments within Auckland.  Whoa.

In 2009, I grossed $49,938.13.  I paid $10,588.22 to the NZ government through taxes (21.2%) and I contributed $118.38 to my Kiwisaver (100% matched by my employer up to 2%), leaving me with a net income of $39,231.53. My salary is technically $51,300, however, I took some unpaid leave to hang at home in the US.  All in all, I had over 6 weeks of vacation time in 2009.  Well worth it to me to take vacation over the money.

No comments: