Monday, August 24, 2009

Miracle Roommate Moves In!

It looks like the miracle is really happening. New roomie is planning on moving her stuff in this Thursday! She is so cute, she's so excited about it. :) I think this will work out just fine.

I saw cheater and cheaterette today and barely missed a beat. XBF has turned in his keys so I am safe from him randomly coming in the house whenever he wants to now (he used to do that; not so much the past few months, thank God).

I'm trying to get my out-of-work life to be as good as possible. That means as separate as possible from work, too. I went to my first martial arts class last week, and I had to sit it out but I can't wait to get back into it. I used to do it and even got up to a blue belt (halfway to black) before I got mono and had to quit. I have to work my way back up from scratch this time, though, because it's been 5 years, and because this is a different school affiliation or something. Ah well. It's $50 a month, for practices from 7-9 pm on Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday and sometimes a workout on Sunday! That is a better deal than my dance classes, that's for sure (they were $100 for class 1x a week for 8 weeks).

I also have contacted a girl I went to dance class with and hopefully I can continue that friendship. It's time to have friends (and a life) outside of work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's funny how you forget how to actually go about making new friends when you're in a comfortable spot, with an old network of friends and if you're in a relationship. I find it really hard to progress from just being acquaintances with someone to the stage of actual friendship.

Revanche said...

Same here: It's hard enough getting to know new people. Now, I'm always so suspicious of new people and wonder why they "like" me because I need to gauge whether or not it's genuine.