Monday, July 06, 2009

Goals

What with my 2009 goals finished, I'm in a tizzy choosing new ones (as you probably noticed). I continue my tizzy here.

2009 (July - December) Goals
  1. Make non-work friends
  2. Fill out US EF goal to $5K USD (approx. $3.8K NZD)
  3. Say yes to as many social activities as I can muster
  4. Keep learning how to play chess and knit and paint
  5. join that club I've been meaning to join
  6. work out regularly
  7. learn to cook more frugally and inexpensively
  8. explore! New Zealand and its surroundings whenever there is time, money, and energy
  9. maximize my time working for these very smart people; make the most of this opportunity to work in the field that I adore
  10. Stop being so lazy; OR figure out why I'm so tired all of the time (ie see more doctors, take better care of myself [eating/sleeping/exercise habits], try new medications/herbs?)
  11. Implement my 15 minute method again.
  12. Work on happiness goals.
  13. Try Meetup.com
  14. Get over the XBF situation at work. FOR REAL.
  15. Kick my internet addiction.

2010 Goals (Financial)
  1. Save $6K for US travel
  2. Save $4K for NZ, Oz, Pacific Islands Travel
  3. Fill out my #1 and #2 slush fund objectives

5 Goals for the next 5 Years:

  1. Gain useful skills and contacts in my current job that will set me up for a future career in the US at the organization I want.
  2. Move back to the US, get a job at the organization I want.
  3. Save up for a house downpayment; get a dog.
  4. Be able to max out my Roth every year I'm in the US
  5. Half-max my 401K, at least.

10 Goals for the next 10 Years:

  1. Get married
  2. Have kids if we want them
  3. Max out my 401K
  4. Keep my job at the organization I want to work in
  5. Travel to Europe
  6. Stay out of debt
  7. Hire a personal trainer (until I can figure out how to maintain myself)
  8. Hire a nutritionist (until I can figure out how to maintain myself)
  9. Go to a therapist and work on any issues I have
  10. Find a church I like or other spiritual outlet (I'm against organized religion as a whole but I recognize my need for some sort of higher purpose and order to this crazy life)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great list of goals! I look forward to seeing you check them all off. ;)

Mary said...

I'm telling ya, do some research on a gluten-free diet and give it a chance for a week or two. You sound like you have a gluten intolerance and I am an entirely new person (I now can walk from my car into my house without stopping to rest) after stopping the gluten.

Wouldn't hurt to try it for a few days.