Friday, May 01, 2009

Fancy Maths

'Math' is 'maths' here in NZ. So odd to get used to. I also love how the same words can mean different things from one country to the next. Today, one of my NZ bosses said that one of the PhD students involved in my project was 'demonstrating.' I, naturally, asked what she was protesting against, to the utter bewilderment of my boss here. Turns out, that means that the student was being a TA and teaching a class. Hee.

Anyway, I employed some Fancy Maths here with my goals. Since I'm obviously traveling this year (already bought ticket to US in the summer; maybe going to Oz in May?), I've switched up my Travel and Car funds over there on the right------>

I really don't anticipate buying a car in the near future. It's almost winter here, and I'd be doing most of my zooming around when the weather is a little better (ie next summer...November-February-ish). I'd have to insure it, get maintainance done on it, and probably pay a little bit extra garage rent when I get a new roommate.

Sooo, my Travel Fund is now fully funded at $5K, and my car fund has been bumped down to $3K for now. It is my last priority, with the new laptop fund now playing second string.

2 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Isn't it the British pronounciation to say "Maths"? :)

Sense said...

yeah, the language is similar to British in some ways but totally different in others.