*********************PART ONE**************************
Hmmm, sorry for the lack of posts. I still don't have much to say, even though I'm posting today. I've covered it all before: I'm recovering from the BF breakup, I'm directionless, sister continues to be ill and ignore my phone calls, and dad is on the mend but still not feeling great. Things could definitely be better! (and worse, for that matter...I need to keep that in mind!)
I've opted to stay in this weekend, even though there are really fun parties and campouts happening. I may kick myself for not going later, but I really have to stop ignoring real life.
The past month or so, I've been insanely busy and not spending much time by myself or at home. the few days when I was at home by myself, I started to crash, but then had to pick up and go somewhere else for work or play, and thereby aborted the crash. Now it's catching up to me; it's clear that I need to crash, need that release of emotion, and need to feel it in order to start moving on.
So this weekend, with the few people that I know out of town to party, I am going to get back to what I do best: being alone. I might as well get used to it (the crash is accompanied by a pity party. how appropriate!). I need to get back to being happy, alone, before I can be happy with anyone else. Yes?
What are your favorite things to do by yourself? (Let's keep this clean, eh?)
********************************PART TWO*******************************
Spending has been insane this past month, but thankfully about $1K less than my income. I'm still going to track my expenses, but for this little bit of time, I need to do what I need to do--if it means spending $100 on Pussy Cat Doll/Cabaret dance classes, so be it! My only goal for March is to not spend over my income. After that, anything goes.
You hear that, little miserly demons on my shoulder?? You have been cast mute for the month of March!
8 comments:
Sometimes I'm just not allowed to be alone as I will spend days on end reading in bed, watching DVDs in bed (now that I've borrowed the first season of Psych), watching Hulu, blogging, and ... generally hiding in my room. But I like it!! And then I might hang with the dogs, if they're feeling patient enough to just hang out. Does that count as alone time, though?
When I'm alone I like to have a hot bath with the door open, put on winter pyjamas and read in bed until I feel tired.. it doesn't matter what time it is I will just go to sleep (sometimes as early as 7pm!)
Thats what I'm planning to do tonight and tomorrow night as I'm feeling much the same as you.. No free time for weeks and weeks, and now I think I'm getting sick.. so time to have some me time!
At first I thought you said a BLOG hiatus, and I was like, nooooo! Hahah. You should twitter. :)
yes, i should twitter! i just signed up, because EVERYONE is twittering now. However, I haven't actually used it yet.
sigh, i'm such a lemming. and feel really old. can you twitter from your computer? for some reason i thought it only worked from your mobile phone/crackberry/iphone. that may get expensive from my new zealand pre-paid mobile!
Oh and R--I HEAR you on limiting alone time. I love being alone, or at least, I used to before XBF came into the picture. I need to re-learn that skill...but only up to a point. I can get dangerously lost in myself...ok, online.
yes, hanging with dogs can be alone time. it's probably even better than alone time, 'cause of all those endorphins from the unconditional love you get from them. ;) i WANT a dog!
M--that sounds delicious. it's raining--as i'm sure you know--and so it's a perfect night to just veg and read in PJ's! Hope you can pamper yourself enough to fight off that pending sickness!
Yay, come twitter with us!! I'm loving it.
I usually only twitter from the computer, it's easier, but I will use the web-access function to twitter from my phone. I don't understand the text-twitter part (if there is one? dunno!) but wouldn't use it anyway because I only get 200 texts/month.
Perhaps I will post doggy pictures weekly to help the non-dog owners. Or would that be bad?
hmmm, will think on the Twitter thing. I signed up for a personal (read: not anonymous one), but i just don't think i'm going to use it--that's what facebook status updates are for!
but perhaps i could be persuaded into making a STD (ha, terrible acronym!) twitter...? we'll see.
ps would LOVE the puppy pictures...but will be super jealous also. drool. :)
Yes yes, come twitter! StD? Hehehe. ST$? St$? (that's sort of like Saint Dollar, huh?)
I wonder how many weeks of dogs I could post....
Post a Comment