Sunday, October 05, 2008

Like Water

Its like the floodgates have opened! I spent $80 on clothes today, and last night I bought my Christmas presents for my family-- it came to about $300. My limit is $100 for each person (mom, dad, sis) so I didn't go over too badly, but it's a little crazy to spend that much in one fell swoop. And my dad doesn't really play games, so...the spending on him is not equal to what my mom and sis will get.

My mom bought the Wii for us for Xmas, and here's what I got:

Dance Dance Revolution Party Bundle for Wii $48.99 w/ shipping
Wii Fit w/ board $142.47
Fishing Master for Wii $32.48
Zack & Wiki Quest for Barbaros’ Treasure for Wii $21.97
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess for Wii $35.99

They all have rave reviews on Amazon (well, not DDR but I desperately wanted to try it). My mom will love the Wii Fit for her daily workouts, and will also probably like Zack and Wiki since it has a lot of puzzles in it. My dad will love the fishing game (hopefully!), and my sis will fall in love with Zelda games b/c it's an adventure-Dungeons and Dragons type game. Hopefully she'll also love the DDR game and it will make it easier for her to work out more.

anyway, I will probably pick up smaller items for each of them at some point, and my Dad will probably go in on the Wii Fit for my mom, keeping me in my Christmas budget nicely.

As far as other spending goes, I was part of a class-action lawsuit against Creative Technologies (I bought one of their MP3 players back in '05), and they gave me a 20% coupon as part of my settlement. It seems to work out quite nicely for Creative--either they give me 20% and gain 80% of my money for the item, or I don't use the coupon at all and it costs them nothing. I'm thinking of buying a new MP3 player with more memory (my 30 GB is almost full, thanks to having a DJ roommate for a year) and with a screen to watch movies and pictures! So exciting...

Oh, and it was my turn to pay rent, but BF somehow became behind on the rent (in NZ, they charge by the week--$300 every Monday to be exact--instead of monthly like in the US), so I ended up paying $1700 instead of $1200 for the absolute pleasure (NOT) of renting this craphole until November 4.

All that means is that October's budget is COMPLETELY BLOWN OUT OF THE WATER. I just can't seem to stop myself...

No comments: