Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wild Wet Winter Weather

Another cyclone came through this morning, and it wasn't as bad as the first, but the soil and trees were already weakened from the first 'storm of the decade' cyclone that came through over the weekend, so the Northland of NZ is in chaos right now.

Needless to say, I decided NOT to venture out in the winter wonderland and so, spent nada today.

Nothing new to report...waiting on my interview results. I also signed up for a service that may allow me to make US money for my Roth IRA next year...I'm just waiting to see if I passed their online test right now. If it works out, I'll share some details.

Later gator!

2 comments:

Zombie Money said...

Wow! Any pictures of the cyclone? How powerful are the winds?

Sense said...

oh...no pictures, it was just...wet and windy. As I told my mom, it was like a severe thunderstorm with out the lightening and thunder.

the winds were suppposedly around 60+ mph--but it wasn't too bad when I was out in it. :)

all told...i wasn't too impressed with the 'storm of the decade.' it was nice to stay inside and curl up with a book, though!!