I read today in an article that our tax rebates will be up to a week early! So, since my lovely Social Security Number is one of the first to be paid, I can expect $600 on Monday!
How I will spend my $600:
I decided to scan most of my documents (my work has a new amazing copier/printer/fax/scanner/everything, and it'll go through and scan my hundreds of class notes, old copies of tax forms, insurance forms, etc., and email them to me in .pdf form). I plan on keeping a minimum number of paper items (things like hand-drawn birthday cards my friend Julia gives me every year), and keeping the electronic copies both on my mp3 player and A NEW HARD DRIVE. I plan on spending roughly $150 for 250 GB. Can anyone recommend a brand or place to get one? Is $150 enough for 250 GB?
I want to sell my car, but it'll need a few touches to get top dollar. things like an A/C refill (who wants a car without A/C?), maybe reattaching a passenger side mirror, a good detailing and wash, and maybe some dent repairs should do the trick. My friend at work has a side business detailing cars, and has volunteered to help me out with this, esp. if it doesn't sell right away. I plan on giving him 10% of the total selling price if he does all the labor himself, plus a bonus if he sells it for more than my base price. (Probably $1000-$1200 for a 98 Neon automatic 2 door with 110K miles on it...sound fair? Kelley blue book shows a price of ~$2500 for this car in 'fair' condition, but i don't think it's worth that much actually.)
Anything left over--I will blow on new clothes, shoes, etc (no more than $150, though--if there's more that will go to savings). Yay!
2 comments:
I just bought a 1TB (1,000GB) HDD from ALDI, and I've seen several different models of 500MB HDD around for less than $150, so the price you have in mind seems too high - unless you're getting a Mac version, in which case it's probably a bargain ;)
I havent' started scanning and storing electronic copies of my paperwork yet, but it will come in useful for storing all my digital photos, videos and computer files.
wow, thanks! I've been looking for a while now, and I think the $150 price point was from a year ago, when I started looking for an external hard drive. Maybe I'll upgrade to 500 gigs; more storage is always good.
Post a Comment