Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Time for Charity

Also as part of my happiness challenge, I'm devoting $50 a month to a charity. Does it matter which one? Not really. I'm going to be researching and featuring various charities each month in the blog to try and figure out where to put my money.

this month I donated $50 to a the rebuilding efforts of a Mexican orphanage. I have a co-worker and friend that is working to rebuild an orphanage with his church. He sent an email around last week (cleverly of him it was payday), asking for donations. I felt compelled to give--not only was it to a worthy cause, but it was to support a friend who had ties to the project. It was wholly gratifying. After all, $50 isn't hardly anything to me, but it's the difference between sleeping on the floor or with blankets and pillows for the orphans.

What's cool is that I'll get to see pictures of what I donated.

Let me know if you also want to donate; I don't have details now but i know I can get you in contact with the church directly. and yes, it is a tax write-off.

No comments: